Monday, January 02, 2012

2012: Grilled Cheese to Perfection

I am a man brimming with unrealized potential. The possibilities that lay before me are limited only by my own imagination. I strongly believe that now is the time to test what can and cannot be done. I believe that now is the time to take hold of who I could become and become the man I want to be. I believe that now, 2012, is the year when the world bares witness that anything can be done, that anything is possible, that anything can be imagined. I believe that now is the time to begin my epic journey.


No stone will go unturned, no whisper will go unheard, no axe will go unground, for 2012 will be the year that the Grilled Cheese Sandwich is mastered.  I will be its master.
I'm not sure where this year of gooey cheese will take me but let's begin with what we know.


A quick note about the video itself:  All in all, I'd say it turned out well for only four takes... hence the crispy sandwich.  Oh... and by "oven" I mean "stove top"... in all four of those takes.

To recap, the first grilled cheese sandwich of 2012 was a basic grilled cheese: Stroehmann's 100% Whole Wheat Bread, 2 pieces of Kirkland's American Cheese, and butter.  The end product was admittedly not so great.  The problem was the bread.  It turns out that the best Peanut Butter and Jelly bread is not very good for Grilled Cheese as there was just too much of it.  My wife actually ended up tearing off the crust which I don't think I've ever seen her do.  So, a change in bread seems imminent.

In time, hopefully I can perfect my grilled cheese explanation posts as I work towards perfecting the sandwich itself, but I'll leave this be for now.  One attempt down... so many more to go.

No comments: